This is my modest watch collection, I hope you enjoy these timepieces as much as I do. Some of the brands I collect are Omega, Hamilton, Bulova, Gucci, Invicta, Croton, Rado, and other popular brands

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Omega Constellation - Automatic - Officially Certified Chronometer - 1967

The 1967 Omega Constellation Officially Certified Chronometer was the first watch I really paid attention to when I was a child. I remember like it was yesterday when I first saw this beauty with its rose-gold face (dial) and its gold Omega logo at the 12 o'clock marker. My father really loved this watch and he was so proud to wear it. He purchased this watch in Switzerland in the late 1960s, and he had this watch serviced by Omega every time he had the chance to take it with him overseas.
This version of the Constellation also features a date complication with the classic date aperture at the 3 o'clock position. What makes this watch a real gem besides the sentimental value, is that this a Genuine Omega Officially Certified Chronometer which is the highest testament of accuracy in an automatic mechanical movement watch.
The automatic movement in this watch is a Swiss-made Omega 24 jewel caliber adjusted to 5 positions and temperatures. The serial number indicates that this watch was made in 1967. The watch measures 44 x 34 mm not including the crown. The crown also features the well-known Omega logo.
The back of the case is another beauty, featuring the Observatory back. There are many versions of the observatory back, and I believe this is the most beautiful of all with the brick detail on the observatory and 8 stars. The case is made of stainless steel with gold inlay and 14kt gold plated in the front.
I had this watch recently serviced by Omega and it keeps perfect time. I have it stored in a automatic watch winder, and I use it as a regulator for the rest of my watch collection. I have compared its movement accuracy with another Omega with a Swiss-made Quartz movement, and I cannot find any inaccuracies so far. I am certain that I will enjoy this Jewel for years to come.

Omega Constellation - Chronometer - Officially Certified -1967



3 comments:

  1. It really lived up to it's name, Constellation. It's features are also stellar and I wonder how much this one costs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I´ve just inherited my fathers Omega Constellation, just like the one you have. It´s a beauty! But I cant find anywhere what is it worth? Hope you ca help me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The author of your blogs and articles and contents is appreciating. click here

    ReplyDelete